GEAR REVIEW: Sporti Double Cross Workout Bikini

    I am always on the lookout for a solid workout bikini that I can use for my weekend aquabike workouts (where I bike to/from swim practice).  So, when SwimOutlet.com offered to send me a Sporti Bikini to try out, I immediately jumped at the chance.  It has been a few weeks since I first received and tried the bikini.  But, I wanted to really test it before I sat down and gave it a review.  So, here it goes...

The Item:
Sporti Double Cross Workout Bikini Top and Sporti Classic Workout Swim Bottom

The Claim:
A solid product without the high price tag

My Initial Reaction:  
    I ordered size small in both the top and bottom.  Upon first receiving the bikini, I noticed that the top looked a bit small and the bottoms looked a bit big.  The top, although slightly smaller cut than most people might prefer, was actually a perfect fit for my preference. I don't like too much extra material on top to create too much drag in the water.   The bottoms, however, seem to be cut a bit more generously than the top.  I personally like my bottoms to be cut a bit smaller for both tan-line and drag purposes.  So, in retrospect I probably would have ordered a size down.  However, if you're not into having as much butt-cheek showing, these bottoms are cut very true-to-size.

My Opinion Now:
    I have swam in this bikini several times and have biked in the top (as a sports bra) twice.  And, I have to say, this is a quality product that withstand just as much as a more expensive brand.  The pool where I train tends to have a VERY high chlorine concentration that usually results in a see-through lycra suit after only a few wears.  However, this suit has held up nicely over two weeks of swim practices both maintaining its shape and original color.  Oh, and I obviously have to mention the compliments I received on how cute the straps of this suit are!
rocking the suit at the beach
    As for the fit, the suit top fits snugly and the double-strap doesn't create any discomfort in the least. I'm normally very finicky with my attire but surprisingly, I rarely ever readjusted the straps.  The bottoms, although a bit bigger than I prefer, still doesn't create any drag due to the thick drawstring in the waist.  I actually think that I prefer the thick drawstring of these Sporti bottoms to the thin (or no) drawstring bottoms of other brands.
    Additionally, I would like to mention that I think this top could be a great alternative to a sports bra during those super-sweaty summer months.   After two, 50-plus mile bike rides, I never had any chafing or comfort problems.  However, just be careful how small you order this top if you plan on running it!

The Price Tag:
A STEAL at $12.95 for the Top and $15.95 for the Bottoms on the SwimOutlet.com website


No comments:

Post a Comment