TRAINING UPDATE: 15 days until Ironman 70.3 FL



Out biking after work with mascara running down my face
     I started work this week and so far it has been pretty awesome (not to mention the fact that I seem to be working at the only law firm that keeps normal-people hours).  Training has been a bit more difficult this week because of work exhaustion and my body not being used to sitting behind a desk all day.  But, I still managed to get in a few great workouts and have a long weekend of intense training coming up.

     As of my last "Training Update" Post I had yet to hit my mileage goals for the month.  But, I made it happen right in time.  75 miles on the bike? Check. 12 mile run? Check. So, regardless of the fact that I've been a bit exhausted this week, my training is coming along nicely and I'm really hoping for a good showing two weeks from now in Haines City.

THIS WEEK'S FAVORITES:
FAVORITE WORKOUT: Yesterday's afternoon Brick. 20 miles of biking at race pace (19-20) followed by 4.5 miles of running with an 8:22 average.

Clearly excited to test out my new helmet
FAVORITE NEW TOY: My new Rudy Project Wingspan helmet.  Feels super light! I'm hoping the lightness of the helmet will make my neck less knotty at the end of a long ride.

FAVORITE MEAL: Monday's Turkey Franks and Beans dinner. Hahahaha. Do you remember the last time YOU ate Franks and Beans?

FAVORITE MOMENT: Signing and filing my first court document as an Attorney!


No comments:

Post a Comment