TRAINING UPDATE: Exactly 1 month until Ironman 70.3 Florida

     Although this 70.3 isn't my main focus of the season, I have been working extremely hard trying to build my leg strength and have been really starting to feel a difference in my training.  I've been doing workouts 2x a week at EBP Cycling Lab on a bike trainer and I have been feeling stronger each time I go. I think for me, personally, it's a lot easier to push myself on a trainer than it is outdoors. On a trainer I can't let my mind get the better of me and I can't pull back to give myself a break.  There is no coasting on a trainer. So, when I hop on the trainer it's about 1-1.5hrs of pain.  However, when I get on my bike later in the week, it's not nearly as painful as before (especially when I have to climb the Rickenbacker Causeway).  I feel stronger and my legs look stronger and I'm incredibly excited to test myself on the 56mi bike in Haines City next month.
Me and my Cervelo taking a break on Key Biscayne
     Additionally, because I've been building general strength in my legs, I've noticed a difference in my running.  Although I'm not logging nearly enough miles on the run, I've been holding a quicker and quicker pace when I finally do get out there. I know that I should be running much more but I'm also trying to hold myself back so as to avoid my regular shin problems so early in my training.  I was also using compression leg sleeves to help with shin pain but those got stolen the other day and I can't afford to replace them.  Major problem there!
     I still have yet to hit my max distance goals for my run and bike this month but I hope to hit my goal of 75 miles on the bike tomorrow followed by a 12 mile run on Sunday and a rest day on Monday. Here is to hoping the wind isn't nearly as bad as it was last weekend!

Training Breakdown
Last Week: 
Swimming: 6.39 miles
Biking: 126.89 miles
Running: 15.07 miles
Total Miles: 148.35 miles
Total Time: 13 hours and 6 minutes

This Week So Far:
Swimming: 3.89 miles
Biking: 86.20 miles
Running: 5 miles
Total Miles: 95.09
Total Time: 7 hours and 55 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment